Monday, October 20, 2008

The Seed

Before we get to the concert, I'll ramble on about what is going on in my life... cuz, that is what my blog is about right? 56K-ers BEWARE!

- Well, I've just discovered Norwegian Recycling thanks to Christopher and I am in love with it. Mashups like I have never heard before. Totally Awesome! Listening to it 24/7.

- Also can't get enough of the IMDB message boards on Quarantine, which turns out to be a complete remake of a different spanish movie called [REC]. Both are totally scary, but also almost exactly the same. There are so many theories on who the final monster was. SPOILER ALERT kind of. So far, the most believable claims are: 1) It was the man from Boston and the kid was somebody he captured and tested on, 2) Mr. Boston captured a pregnant woman and tested on her and released the virus because he was part of a cult and fled the apartment complex and the monster is the woman and her child. Sorry, yea, you gotta watch the movie to understand.

- Trying to refrain from using the word "hella" again. It's hella creeping up on me.

- Ryan Grant finally scored a touchdown and my fantasy football team might be starting to look to a better future. Problem is that I played and benched the wrong people this week and might lose to the team that is in last place this week.

- Not doing homework right now to blog, then eat dinner, then watch Heroes.

Now the concert:
I am still not the best photographer but after a couple more concerts, I will be a pro. But still, my weak Glow In The Dark Tour photos do not compare with these.

ESTELLE: I was playing with the settings on my camera during her performance so I ended up with like 90% bad pictures and 10% good ones. By the time I got the settings right, she was almost done.
Estelle getting down on stage

GYM CLASS HEROES: I have the most pictures of these guys because by now, I had all the right settings and was ready to shoot. The only thing is that some tall people popped out of the ground in front of me out of nowhere.

Travis McCoy
Wallpaper worthy? If all the heads were gone!
THE ROOTS: I didn't get as much because at this point in the concert, my battery started to die out. It died before the concert ended. I wish so hard right now that I recorded that whole 10 minute performance of You Got Me. It was such a cool performance. This is the closest picture I got of ?uestlove. I tried to snap him on the drums but zoom on my camera sucks bad. His lower body is so much bigger than i expected. I don't believe he is proportioned correctly. That tuba guy rocked it on stage

SPECIAL GUEST: Mos Def in da house! He's so great. no homo
Surpise!

COLLABORATIONSEstelle x TravisThe Roots x EstelleGym Class Heroes x Estelle
there were so many people on stageThe Roots x Mos Def

This was only my second concert, unless you count the ones we go to for church. But compared to the Glow in the Dark, I think this one was much better. The only things Kanye had over this concert was that I knew like 95% of the words at GitD and sang along to all the songs, I got a better T shirt, and everybody got the book full of "Kanyeisms". But in this concert, I was a lot closer to the stage, it was less than half the price of GitD, the location was right at school, I came out with more + better pictures, there was a surprise guest, and the collabos and throwing out drumsticks at the end made the performers connect better with each other and the audience. Both concerts were awesome though.

There was a live band for all performers and it was like a hip hop/jazz/rock concert. I was in awe during the guitar, piano, drums, and tuba solos. I wish I caught one of those drumsticks ?uestlove was signing and throwing out to the audience. Gym Class Heroes performed When Doves Cry and The Roots did Sweet Child O Mine.

BTW, "Kanyeisms" is not underlined in red, so is it a word? Mr. West has done it again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seems like so much fun!!! the smaller concerts are definitely more intimate and you feel so much more excited cuz you're thatmuchcloser. we got to touch pharrell when he did a show w/ bep and clipse @ the warfield. very fun except for the pushy girls. glad you had fun. collabos and surprise guests are always cool.