Monday, April 21, 2008

US PLACERS x3

Oh man, was that Kanye concert awesome or what!? Because it was so great, this post will have LARGE pictures instead of medium pictures. Got there pretty early and as I am waiting in line, this lady with a big microphone was telling everybody that cameras were not allowed. Lies. Cameras were allowed, you just can't take pictures. But she told us to put our cameras back to our cars. So as I am going back to the street to where I parked, like 10 people asked me if cameras were allowed and I said, "No they are not" That lady made me spread the wrong message. Karma might get me back later tonight. So I took my last picture with the camera before putting it away.Hmmm, about an hour in line, we get to go in! We go through the metal detectors with no problem and get our cool little books:And we see a big bunched up/unorganized line in front of the merchandise booth. Here is a question: What 5 things can you buy with forty dollars?
1. lunch for about a week
2. half the Harry Potter series
3. 2 years subscription to ESPN the Magazine
4. 40 songs on Itunes
5. THIS SHIRTThat's right 40 big ones, but I love it. Picture taken with flash. Now on to the concert.
Check Chris's blog for a little more description on the concert.
First up, Lupe Fiasco
Lupe was a very good opening act. Half my section was not there yet and I was like the only one standing and singing along in my section. y'all weak section 110. Stack that cheese! I liked it. By the time Lupe was finished, I lost my voice.
Next, N.E.R.D.
Ok ok, so they are performing their first song and then this guy comes up to me and we have the same seat! Section 110 Row 23 Seat 13, Karma you bizznatch. He looked like he was going to beat me up but he turned out to be a real nice guy. So we tell the security lady who directs us to the head guy who directs us to the ticket center lady. Turned out that since my ticket was from ticket master, when they were printed out, they canceled the real ticket. So the tickets his friend gave him were put on sale and bought. He didn't know. I was fighting for him but there was nothing I could do but go back to my seat and enjoy the concert. Felt kinda bad for him. So I missed the whole performance, but they were hecka loud and I heard it was rockin.
Third, Rihanna
Pretty good I guess, I sat down the most in her performance, but also sang along. Got up for ya know... Don't Stop the Music, S.O.S, and Umbrella... ella ella. After this long break from the ticket misunderstanding and the spared singing, my throat was well rested for the next performance.
Finally, Mr. West took the stage
After about a half hour intermission we all got back on our feet. The performance was hot. My throat was dead by the end of the night. I think I yelled the most at Good Life. There isn't enough I can say about the performance but I don't want to ruin it for y'all that didn't see it this time but are going in June.
Now for pictures. Take a look at Sammy's blog for pics since he took his camera in and all I had was my camera phone. Unless you want to see pictures like this Mediocre seats + mediocre camera = mediocre pictures

v.s.

Sammy's pics like this one:Good seats + good camera = good pictures
These two pictures were taken during the same song too. You decide.

After concert. Driving back, we decide to go to Nation's for some late dinner. I am turning from John Daly blvd and all of a sudden, my car's engine shuts off and gives me just enough momentum to finish the turn. I had Jimmy and Tony push my car closer to the curb. Luckily, it is like 1:30 in the morning and right in front of Nation's so I call my dad and we leave the car to go in and grab some burgers to eat. Just found out today that the engine is completely broken and we need to replace it. Karma struck not once but TWICE!!! Slept for like 3 hours and later that morning, took the car to a mechanic, but mechanics don't work on Sundays so made it in time for church and ministry of music.

O yea, Baron Davis was there. And also, my audience queues in the previous post were kinda right. But at the same time, not really.

1 comment:

Master Samuel said...

is the writing on your shirt really that light? or is it just the flash....